Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day

For the first time in well over three decades my father was able to celebrate Father's Day with all of his children in the same room.  My dad has three sons and each of us have one daughter.  The girls got together over a year ago working on a plan to get all their fathers together at the same time.  It was difficult to find a place and time but after a lot of effort, it was decided that we should all go high in the Rocky Mountains to Buena Vista, Colorado. 

Mom and Dad live in Fort Collins, Colorado which is about a 4 hour drive.  My brother Paul lives in Canton, Texas and he had to drive about 16-18 hours to get here.  My oldest brother, Barry flew in from Los Angeles and I few in from Houston.  Paul came with his entire family (including his granddaughter, minus his son-in-law).  My daughter Elizabeth and her husband Jaime flew in from San Antonio and Barry's daughter, Beverly flew with him.  Of course my mom is with us as well.

Since Paul had to leave at 5 this morning we celebrated Father's Day last night.  There were a few cards and presents given but the most special part of the event was that we were all together.  Thank you Beverly, Elizabeth, and Kelley for making it happen.  Fathers deserve to be honored and you have given my dad the greatest gift possible.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow, you are the youngin in that bunch! :)

Happy Father's Day!

Unknown said...

What an awesome experience that must have been! I'm glad that you were able to spend time with your dad, mom, and brothers!

And Amanda is right, you are the young one of the bunch!