Sunday, May 16, 2010

Raising Your Ebenezer

"Then Samuel took a stone and set it up . . . . He named it Ebenezer, saying 'Thus far the LORD has helped us.'" (1 Samuel 7:12) Preparing to speak on this passage this morning brought a flood of memories. How many times has God helped me and my family over my 50 years of life? In the sermon time I showed some of the objects I keep in my office that have special meaning. How important it is that we keep reminders around us of significant events in our lives.

In addition to this being a special Sunday for our High School graduates, it is also a special day for Liz and I as we celebrate our 29th wedding anniversary. I am thankful to have one day each year to recognize the treasure that God has given me in Liz. She is a living memorial, a constant reminder that God has shown me great favor.

No comments: