Sunday, April 24, 2011

You Shall Have a Song!

For my reflection today I'm simply going to list things that stand out in my mind as I look back over the service.  These are in no particular order.
  • Ben Tompson's negative response to my singing.  ( I think I finally won him over when I got to singing "A, B, C, ...."
  • Sybal's wonderful work with our LTC choir.
  • The beauty of sign language.
  • The joy of seeing so many faces at church that I have not seen in a awhile.
  • Holding my 8 week old granddaughter to greet people after the service.
  • Marveling over that long list of scriptures I read at the end of the sermon.  (I hope it wasn't too long.)
  • Rejoicing with those who rejoice and weeping with those who weep during our Family Prayer Time.
  • Watching our beautiful children and listening as they told the story of Jesus' death and resurrection.
  • Having all my children and their spouses at home at the same time attending Easter services with us.
  • Reflecting on the great work of so many who devoted themselves to making our Easter worship a meaningful time of celebration and thanksgiving.

4 comments:

Mayra SaBell said...

Beautiful. :) We would have liked to be there. Clear Lake Church of Christ Easter services never fail to amaze and inspire!

Unknown said...

Byron, sorry for the late comment but my work computer is down this week. I'm using my bosses computer now!

This past Sunday was a real treat, the kids were great, and it was inspiring watching the young'ens using sign languge. Yes indeed there was a lot of scripture that morning, but sometimes a lot of scripture can be a vey good thing.

Seeing the building packed filled my heart with great joy. A community of Christ-likened, lifting our hands up to God, being transformed through communitive love. You cant ask for a greater blessing then that!

Ps: my copy of Armchair Mystic just came in the other day. I'm enjoying the book very much, thanks for the suggestion.

Adrienne said...

Your granddaughter told me to tell you she enjoyed greeting everyone after church, too! :)

Byron said...

Adrienne, she told me the same thing!