Sunday, February 28, 2010

Faith That Moves Mountains

One line in the sermon has caused some reflection in my heart. "What if, faith that moves mountains is not what you should have in God, but is the faith that God has in you?" My first reaction is to reject this. Of course, I might argue, Jesus is speaking of our faith in him. On further reflection, however, it is remarkable that God has so much faith in us.

Jesus only hung around 40 days after his resurrection before he ascended into Heaven never to be seen again until Resurrection Day. Even during that 40 days he seems to have appeared only to believers. Why not Pilate? How about Herod? Or the Pharisees? Apparently, Jesus believed that the message of the Gospel by eyewitnesses of his resurrection would be sufficient. He also believed that the witness of those of us far removed from the historical act of Jesus' death and resurrection, would be all people would need to come to faith.

God really does have a LOT of FAITH in his people. How should we respond to that? Like the man in the video said, Stop saying, "I can't" and begin to say "I can". Jesus believes in you - Put your faith in his faith.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Lee S. said...

Thanks for posting these. :)

ChozenGirl said...

Very well put, I never really thought of it the way this is put, however it makes a lot of sense.

I have very strong faith and, I can only imagine how strong Gods faith is in me.

Glory to God, The Most Awsome.