Sunday, April 1, 2012

Don't Be An April Fool



I keep thinking about making a list of 25 expectations I have of Jesus.  I'm a little afraid of making the list but I think it would be a good exercise so here goes . . .

1.  I expect Jesus to return the earth
2.  I expect Jesus to renew all things upon his return
3.  I expect Jesus to give me strength to live for him each day
4.  I expect Jesus to not let me be tempted beyond what I can stand
5.  I expect Jesus to intercede for me
6.  I expect Jesus to answer my prayers in keeping with the Father's will
7.  I expect Jesus to judge the world with righteousness and fairness
8.  I expect Jesus provide for my essential daily needs
9.  I expect Jesus to always be with me
10.  I expect Jesus to be merciful and forgiving
11.  I expect Jesus to reward those who earnestly seek him
12.  I expect Jesus to give me guidance and direction for my life
13.  I expect Jesus to work all things together to accomplish good
14.  I expect Jesus to work in my life to accomplish the Father's will
15.  I expect Jesus to provide whatever I need to accomplish his purposes for my life
16.  I expect Jesus to treat me as I need to be treated rather than as I deserve to be treated
17.  I expect Jesus to regard me as his friend
18.  I expect Jesus to love me in spite of anything I may do
19.  I expect Jesus to never leave me nor forsake me
20.  I expect Jesus to comfort me when I am in distress
21.  I expect Jesus to teach me to do his will
22.  I expect Jesus to remove my sins as far as the east is from the west
23.  I expect Jesus to live in me by means of the Holy Spirit
24.  I expect Jesus to purify my heart as I submit to his will
25.  I expect Jesus to be the Good Shepherd who knows his sheep by name

No comments: