Sunday, November 23, 2008

Give Thanks in All Circumstances

As I have often said before, Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. It's wonderful to have a day devoted to being with family and giving thanks to God for all his blessings. I thought today's worship service was a wonderful way for the family of God to prepare their hearts and minds for the week ahead. The singing was heartfelt, upbeat, and meaningful. We got to celebrate the wedding anniversary's of two couples who have set the bar high for the rest of us by their long term faithfulness to their wedding vows. We shared in the Word together as well as our weekly "Table of Thanksgiving" where we come each week to meet with our Lord and rejoice in his love for us. Finally, we got to join in our special contribution. We were going to announce the amount given at the end of the service but it took longer to count than anticipated. However, when the total is announced next week it will be somewhere over $50,000. May you all have a Thanksgiving Day that is filled with gratitude to God for the blessings he continually gives to us.

2 comments:

Skull Jockey said...

I agree, it was a very wonderful service. It was one the touched me as well. I have always considered myself to be an incredibly blessed person, but lately I have been a little down about the holidays and my changing family situation. It was good to be reminded that one need not look at his circumstances to find reasons to be thankful. That really connected with me this morning.
I also appreciate you praying over Amanda and I. I often do not think, or want, to ask people to pray for me or my struggles. I left the prayer feeling just a little bit stronger. Thank you.

Skull Jockey said...

I'm glad they enjoyed the class! It can get a little discouraging when hardly any one shows up. But I remind myself of an old ranch anecdote, "If only one cow shows up, you feet it just the same."

I will definitely give you a call next week, I would love to have a chat. Have a great holiday!