Sunday, March 2, 2008

Prayer and Thanksgiving

I have long loved this picture. The old man's weathered face, in my mind, indicate a hard life. However, his bowed head and folded hands indicate a thankful heart. The question the picture asks of my life is, "How much stuff do you really need?" A Bible, eye glasses, a simple meal, a warm shirt, a table, and a room provide plenty for the man to give thanks. I want to grow to be more focused on the blessings I've received than the burdens I have to bear. May all of my requests be made to God enveloped in thanksgiving for all He has already provided.

The Following Videos use Real Player, If you do not have real player or if your current video player will not play a real media file then you can download Real Player for free Here!

Sister Act
Prayer Before Meal
Connection Type
56k Dial-Up
150K Mid-Range
384k Cable/DSL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I seem to have fallen short of being able to provide any critical feedback that might give some suggestion about what I would have done differently. That's probably because I have always viewed myself as blessed beyond my ability to comprehend. Even though I would say nothing about my life is perfect, but then again, my life is so great it is difficult for me to understand those who dont trust in God.

So thankfullness is something that is easy for me. I guess it's like math in that regard. It is not because of anything I did that math was easy for me, it just always was, and being thankfull is the same for me I think. I wish I knew why, but I dont.

One of my favorite expressions, whose origin escapes me, is "If you dont get everything you want, think of all the things you dont get, that you dont want." Thinking about all the negative things that could mean, helps keep it easy for me to be thankfull.

Thanks for the sermon. :0)

Skull Jockey said...

Not to provide a cliche festival, but it seems the squeaky wheel gets the grease and you don't know what you have until you loose it. When things are going well, it seems the hardest to be truly thankful, we only petition about those darn thorns. It is when we loose something that we realize how blessed we truly are.
It's pretty amazing that some of the most thankful people I have ever known have been those who physically have the least.