Sunday, March 30, 2008

Reflecting Instead of Reacting

Preaching to rocket scientists each week is not an easy assignment. Especially for someone who is mathematically and scientifically challenged! It appears that stars do not reflect the sun as I erroneously stated in today's sermon. Apparently stars are on fire just as the sun is and the image we see is of them burning. Who would have thunk it?

Of course someone suggested that I simply pretend to have added that scientific faux pas to make sure that people were listening critically. Alas, perhaps I could have done so 6 or 7 years ago but I am afraid that my reputation as a scientific expert has already been tarnished beyond repair. I hope that my skill as a Biblical exegete and communicator of the gospel surpasses my knowledge of science and math.

Don't forget to read Philippians each week for the duration of the series! I, in turn, will try to research my illustrations before using them.

1 comment:

Skull Jockey said...

I think the best part of your sermon was the short, but powerful, affirmation that if we are waiting for things to get back to "normal", we may be waiting for a long time. And that perhaps, the unnormal is in fact the "normal". That's good to keep in mind.
Grace and Peace!

JP